Our Mission Statement
Our Credit Union will provide high quality financial services to the members, educate members about these services, and promote the credit union philosophy of "People Helping People."
You Can Be a Member-Owner
If you live, work or own property in Alger, Delta, Marquette or Schoolcraft County or, if you have a family member* who is a current Munising Community Credit Union member-owner. *Family member refers to a relative of the member, by blood, or marriage; or any individual living under the same roof and in the same household as the member.
Munising Community Credit Union is constantly concerned about our member’s critical information and privacy. With this in mind, we have the following security services installed on our Internet server:
- Each server is behind a Firewall. This UNIX based hardware product blocks critical ports and IP addresses on servers from external attack and access.
- Each server runs proprietary software that constantly monitors the servers for unauthorized use and attempts to "hack" into information. Administrators are contacted when forced attacks are committed, and countermeasures can be applied to stop these instances.
- All administrative activity requires user login and authentication. All administrative updates are logged into files that can be reviewed later.
- All servers come with a Global Verisign Certificate (RSA) for digitally encrypted communications between the Web server and your member. Information passed in applications cannot be decrypted by third parties attempting to "pick" information being passed across the Internet backbone.
- All servers run the latest version of Apache Web Server, considered the strongest and most secure Web server software on the market.